Community Notice Board
You are welcome to advertise your local business, organisation or event on the Community Notice Board and in our leaflet rack at the cafe for just £1 per week. Lots of local people browse our notice board and take away leaflets so please speak to a member of staff in store if you are interested in advertising.
Neighbourhood Police Surgery
Take the opportunity to meet your local officers and let them know what concerns you have in your community at the Safer Neighbourhood Police Team's drop in surgery at The Lavender House.
The next Police Surgery is between 3 and 4pm on Thursday 25th May 2017.
In the meantime you can contact the Plaistow and Sundridge Safer Neighbourhood Team on 020 7161 8936. In an emergency always dial 999.
Sundridge Park Village
Encouraging a sense of community & pride in our local area through the regeneration & promotion of Sundridge Park.
Update - February 2017
The Sundridge Park Traders Association are a group of local shopkeepers (some of whom are residents too) who started a campaign in February 2012 to initiate positive changes to help regenerate the historic Sundridge Park shopping area of Bromley (the area of Plaistow Lane between Plaistow Green & Sundridge Park Station). Our objective is to promote the area and it’s businesses, fund the Christmas lights, other installations requiring maintenance and local events, encourage new businesses to the area and work with other groups such as Bromley Council and Sundridge Park Residents Association to develop a strong sense of community. It’s all about taking pride in our local area and ultimately attracting more customers. After months of meetings & correspondence with members of our community & local councilors to discuss views, ideas and suggestions for this project we were delighted to receive village status & funding from Bromley Council’s Local Parades Initiative for the following improvements:
• Village status. Completed July 2012.
• 16 Planted flowering hanging baskets & brackets (including installation & first year’s planting and maintenance). Completed November 2012.
• 11 Christmas lights for lamp posts (including first year’s installation & de-installation). Completed November 2012.
• Victorian style ‘Sundridge Park Village’ sign. Completed April 2013.
• 8 Flowering towers (including planting & first three years’ maintenance). Completed July 2013.
• Permit parking restriction in Plaistow Grove to change from 12-2pm to 11am-12pm Monday to Friday & no permit parking restrictions on Saturdays. Saturday restrictions removed November 2012. Mon-Fri restrictions amended September 2013.
• 3 permanent planters. Completed April 2014.
• Enforcement action by Bromley Council against run down, long term empty units. Ongoing.
• Extra Christmas lights for Plaistow Green area. Completed November 2015.
• Sundridge Park Village supporters stickers for business sponsors. Completed early 2015.
• Renaming of Plaistow Lane Car Park to 'Sundridge Park Village Car Park'. Completed Summer 2015.
• New 'Sundridge Park Village Car Park' signs for the village centre. Completed Summer 2015.
• 'Street Friends' scheme extended to SPVTA traders. Completed January 2017.
• Painting of railway bridge. Not within budget.
• Vinyls to cover the inside of vacant shop windows. Landlord permission not given.
• Traffic calming measures (painted on road). Awaiting approval. Completion date to be confirmed.
• Possible island for safer crossing in the vicinity of Londis. Awaiting approval. Completion date to be confirmed.
• More bins and more effective street cleaning. Awaiting approval. Completion date to be confirmed.
• Welcome to 'Sundridge Park Village' signs. Completion date to be confirmed
• Sundridge Park Village Website. Completion date to be confirmed.
• Sundridge Park Village Visitor Information pack. Completion date to be confirmed.
We also keep people informed about developments in Sundridge Park Village & promote local business & other activities via the following social networking pages:
Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/SundridgeParkVillage
Follow us on Twitter @SunParkVillage
Follow us on Instagram @sundridgeparkvillage
If you have any questions, a specific issue you would like would like to discuss, an idea for next steps or would like to be involved in supporting this project, please contact a member of the Sundridge Park Village Traders' Association committee:
Manpreet (Chairman) firstname.lastname@example.org
Iebe (Treasurer) email@example.com
Gemma (Secretary) firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lavender House is proud to be a member of the Sundridge Park Village Traders Association, sponsoring the 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 Sundridge Park Village Christmas Lights.